Wednesday, June 8, 2011

SFF: OPENING NIGHT/SCHEDULE



Tonight marks the opening night of the 2011 Sydney Film Festival, with Joe Wright's Hanna premiering at the beautiful State Theatre (above) at 7.30pm. I will not be attending Opening Night, instead seeing The Troll Hunter at Event Cinemas, George Street.

I'll outline the schedule of films (after the jump) I will be seeing over the course of the SFF and the reviews to expect on the days (or potentially weeks) following. I have a stretch there where I am seeing three films on Monday afternoon/night, working all day Tuesday, and then seeing two more Tuesday evening. Wish me luck during that stretch, people. 

Wednesday June 8
The Troll Hunter

Thursday June 9 
The Guard

Friday June 10 
Martha Marcy May Marlene

Saturday June 11
Sleeping Beauty
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Even the Rain

Monday June 13
Project Nim
A Separation
Three

Tuesday June 14
The Tree of Life
Win Win

Thursday June 16
Norwegian Wood
Elite Squad: The Enemy Within

Friday June 17
Take Shelter 
Jane Eyre

Saturday June 18
The Beaver

Sunday June 19
Senna
Armadillo
13 Assassins 

3 comments:

  1. That is one spruce theatre and that is one sweet lookin' schedule. Especially intrigued to hear what you think of SENNA and PROJECT NIM. Good luck mate - Don't forget to schedule yourself time to rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's certainly a great venue. I'm looking forward to all of the films, but Senna and Project Nim are two I am especially anticipating. A few of these days will be tough (esp. Sat, Mon and Tues) but I will persevere. Thanks for the encouragement, Hatter. This is going to be an intensely awesome 11 days.

    ReplyDelete