Sunday, June 26, 2011

Monday Links (27/06)


Monday links...on a Sunday! Yeah, I was itching to post.

It's been a pretty quiet week, one predominantly spent working and completing my final reviews from the SFF. I also caught an early screening of The Trip, watched the hotly-anticipated Of Gods and Men and re-watched Blue Valentine and 127 Hours, which I had recently purchased on DVD. My challenge tomorrow is to catch Cars 2 and Kung-Fu Panda 2. Reviews to be posted over the next few days.

In the meantime, be sure to check out these great sites:

My buddy Sam Bowron is back. He has written a review of Lawnmower Man for Digital Retribution.

Andrew Robinson reviews The Maltese Falcon on Anomalous Material. He had a similar response to me. I thought it failed to live up to its quite substantial reputation. Paolo reviews Submarine, the Richard Ayoade film I'm looking forward to seeing, and Castor shares his thoughts on X-Men: First Class.

CS @ Big Thoughts from A Small Mind is compiling a personal 'Must-See' list entirely from the recommendations of fellow bloggers. Head over there and help him out. He is also great at pitting actors/actresses/directors against one another and asking the community to decide who's better from a select filmography. This week he has chosen Rachel Weiss vs. Jennifer Connelly (so tough).

Thomas Caldwell's review of Sleeping Beauty for Cinema Autopsy is one of the most insightful analyses of this film you are likely to find.

Stevee @ Cinematic Paradox took on a tough task this week and watched these films...The Green Hornet, Yogi Bear, Dorian Gray and Sanctum. This might be her contribution to Hatter's King of Pain!

Dan @ Dan the Man's Movie Reviews manages to review at least one film per day. A solid effort. This week he reviewed Three Kings.

Sam Fragoso @ Duke and the Movies had the new releases covered this week, he reviewed The Tree of Life, Bad Teacher and Cars 2.

I want to say a huge thank you to Cherokee, who has become a regular reader and commenter. Be sure to check out her blog, Femininsing Film.

4 comments:

  1. Haha, when I saw that you were posting the Monday Links, I was like "WTF?! Is it Monday already?!" I'm so tired at the moment I would believe anything...

    Thanks for the link! I was thinking of submitting that post for the King of Pain. I mean, they sure were quite painful to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link Andy! Been in LA all weekend ... so I've been a bit quiet as well.

    Can't believe it's Monday already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the shout-out, Andy!

    Your blog is great, and pretty-much had me sold on your festival coverage, (and it's good to know I am not alone in my feelings toward Norwegian Wood, now!)

    ReplyDelete